Buying a home is one of life’s most important investments and exciting adventures. Whether you are a first-time or experienced buyer, it’s important to spend some time preparing yourself before you start your search so you are aware of the potential pitfalls and stumbling blocks that may pop up during your path to home ownership success.
Here are some things to keep in mind before and during your search:
- Do the math and establish your purchasing power.
- Meet with a lender who will help you determine which type of financing will work best for you and how much you qualify for with each type.
- Commit to working with a strong real estate agent who will look after your best interests and work with your schedule.
- Between my team at Carolina One Real Estate, we promise someone educated, capable and knowledgeable about your situation will always be available to help.
- Start surfing.
- One of the most important tools you’ll need for your house hunt can be found right in your own home or office—the Internet. However, not all websites are reliable resources for listings. My website gets listing data directly and immediately from the MLS. Other websites are often incomplete, or not up-to-date.
- Location, location, location.
- Narrow your search before you start touring every house in town. Decide what neighborhoods work best for you and your family. Make a list of what you’re looking for in a home and what’s a deal breaker for you. Let us help you determine the feasibility of your list within your budget, and adjust accordingly if needed.
There’s more to kicking off your home hunt, but we help take care of a lot of that behind the scenes. Later, we’ll talk a bit about expected costs associated with purchasing. In the meantime, have you visited my website to search homes? Unlike some of the national sites, my listing data comes directly from our listing service and is updated in near real time. Click here to start surfing!
Please let me know if I can be of any assistance for you or those you know.